RED, WHITE, & BLUE SHORTCAKE
Celebrate this 4th of July with the fresh berries of the season. At the Country Mercantile, Berry season is in full swing!
Stop by & stock up on ALL the fresh, local strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, & lots more!
1 package of yellow cake mix
1 8 oz. container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
1 pint blueberries, rinsed and drained
2 pints strawberries, rinsed and sliced.
1. Prepare cake according to package directions and bake in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Cool completely.
2. Frost cake with whipped topping. Place blueberries in a square in the top left corner, and arrange sliced strawberries as stripeds to make an American flag. Chill until serving.
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 Cups of Coeur d' Alene Caramelized Onion Glaze Sauce
2 1/2 Cups of Chopped Vegetables (Asparagus, Green Bell Peppers, Sweet Onions, Apple)
3- 4oz. Chicken Breasts (cut into strips)
2 Cups White Rice, Prepare according to package directions
1. Heat the oil in a 10 inch skillet. Add fully thawed chicken breast strips into skillet (Season chicken breast as needed). Grill until golden brown.
2. Mix in the chopped vegetables. Stir until tender.
3. Add 1 1/2 cups of Coeur d' Alene Caramelized Onion Glaze.
4. Serve over bed of white rice & ENJOY!